November 4, 2014

Holiday Puffy Garland

Yes yes its a bit early, but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to add in all the items I wanted to make this year, so I started quickly! Of course Josh is like -wth its not even December yet- but! it is not like I am putting them up yet!

via Google


So I love garland! All types. I like paper garland because you do not have to spend a lot to get a really nice effect AND you do not have to store it if you choose not to - which living in an apartment and having to be picky on my space, is nice.

If you have never made puff balls its extremely easy. You can buy them but its more frugal to just nab some tissue at the dollar store and cut your own. Its extremely easy, frugal and a quick DIY that takes minutes.
First decide on size, I did 5 inch ones. 

Then cut the issue paper while its still all together, easier that way. Now you pay have to shift the paper around some, I used 4 sheets, 5 inches tall by about 10 inches wide to get this puffy level, the more sheets you use the more fluffy it will be BUT it will be harder to open.



So once you cut the papers out, separate them to your level of fluffyness and start folding them together - using an accordion fold. Again, there are numerous videos on this, here is a quick graphic I found. 





Be patient and work with them. I used one package, made 8 small balls and I had enough left over to do 2 big balls as well. Such a frugal decoration, I love these things. We use them for all sorts of things.




String them up - and huzzah you have some nice garland. Can't wait to get closer to the holidays, I love Christmas and have already started stalking the dollar stores for more items.
Ska




No comments:

Post a Comment