January 5, 2015

Recipe - Cake Cookies

This recipe I had on the old version and I love! You can really use any cake mix but I think Lemon taste the best so it will be used below.

2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
1 lemon cake mix

Add poppy seeds, lemon zest and lemon juice to make it taste more homemade!

Mix the Eggs, oil and cake mix together in a bowl. Cover and leave over night or for a few hours. The cold helps the zest/etc sit in more, so you can skip this step if you want but it makes the flavor come out!

Roll mix in to little 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet. Preheat oven while you do this, as it takes a bit anyway. I like to do 350F so I can watch them. Cook until edges are solid or golden, depending how you like you cookies. Enjoy. You can add a glaze to make them even more lemony. 

I love lemon can't you tell?

Sprouts Divider by Kawiku

These make great chocolate, confetti cake bites or even carrot cake was good, I added cream cheese frosting on those! Try your favorite flavors.

Just a tip, 

To add extra flavor to any cake mix, add in their essence - like strawberry jab or real ones, for strawberry. I like adding lemon zest and juice to lemon to enhance the flavor, if you do this to the mixes, be sure to let them sit in the cold for a bit as it will absorb the flavor more!






No comments:

Post a Comment