February 8, 2015

Reads - How I blog

This will be a quick one, but I hope it helps those who are wanting to do so. Even if your blog does not generate money or a ton of contact, it is amazingly fun just to make things. Just for yourself. That is why I try to pick things I like.

I use Tumblr and Pinterest to nab ideas I like. Then I change them as I need for my own uses, like templates and such I feel could work better.

I also browse around sites to find ideas for freebies/DIY boxes/downloads. I put a ton of items from when I was younger up too - all those pixels/banners at at least 10 years old.

For me, I try to do 2 post a week, and I write them on my days off, for example I am off today, 2/21 and this is for March! But it allows me to keep active on here and stay ahead. I never know my days off in advance so I can share this way. Only hard part is sometimes I am doing Valentine's stuff in DEC or early JAN which is odd sometimes.

I keep a notebook, a calender one for most of my daily stuff anyway, so I just mark a "B" on the dates I have post planned. I keep ideas in there as well. I try to do 2 - 3 a week, and we eat at food places every week so those are easy. 



I use this one from Target cause it was pink and pretty :9 

For projects I stick to things *I* want to do, because this is about me and not money. I see a ton of blogs post pictures/links to other blogs but no real content of their own, I find that weird. Whatever works for you, and it takes a lot of time to research things like that but I rather do the projects myself.

As far as where I would like to improve, I wish I took more pictures, which I am trying to. I am not a photogenic person in general so I am getting better as I go. I really need to do more with food post. I also need to add to FB and Instagram more, which I am getting better at! I can do Instagram on the go and FB is planable so I can do them as I do post.

I hope this explains what is going on for me! For me, when I was inactive for weeks a time, it made me sad...cause I was busy usually, so now I just plan it ahead of a time and I feel like I am getting a lot more out of it.

Ska


No comments:

Post a Comment