March 18, 2015

Blu Stuff Mold Review!

After doing some research on molds I COULD do, I found this site and their product. do really like it and recommend it for anyone wanting to do small simple cast. It was really nice and affordable.

Nova Logo
http://blu-stuff.com/


I took photos of my process, below, but overall I found it simple and easier to use than the clay versions. Which I have also used.


First need to pick your box for the mold, I used some plastic I had extra. Glue it to a service. I am using a sheet of white acrylic I got for clay at home depot.


 

After gluing the box down, glue whatever you are molding down - Reminder backwards and with the pattern you want embossed up! ( the bottom will be the back )


 

Fill and let sit! See the bottom



The liquid gets in EVERY crack. So I had to trim the molds a lot when done. BUT they did cast perfectly so I did not mind. It comes with a decent amount, but I would like to get more as soon as I can to cast more items! I really liked it.

It was about 30 bucks total. I will probably order from Smooth On next time - as they are more affordable, and in the US for shipping for what you get. But it seems similar. 

Loved it. Can't wait to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment