June 17, 2015

Review - Aliexpress

So, a few years ago I found Aliexpress when looking for wholesale squsihies. I wanted to have some and I hate paying so much per item. It was still new to the basic user world, and I loved it. I love it still. I actually used it to get ahead in my previous job - we found custom medal makers and all sorts of items. It was great.
In this review I am going to do my latest order, if you did not know I am obsessed with Macaroons and collecting anything shaped like it. I have pillows, boxes, etc.

I got these items from this user - Miss Panda
I plan to order some more, I want another pillow then there are some hard zip cases and soft ones I want, and the small cases, etc I want all of it D: I love Macaroons. Anyway just a few things to remember when ordering from Ali.
Is it safe?
First and foremost, I figure most people wonder if it is safe. I have never been scammed on the 3+ years I have been buying, but from my understanding they do have protections in place. If something arrives wrong or missing, they ask for detail pictures for proof. Nothing less than what a online seller would ask for.

I also have never done a return, and I had a few items I was ordered by mistake once, but as the cost was low - around 2$ for the some chain fasteners - I was like "meh" and put them in my destash store. The cost may not be worth it if its your own fault, so be aware of that when ordering is all I can think of. Get the sizing right(what I failed to do)
Time Frame?
This is the most annoying thing, I hate waiting. But I understand it ships from China. I have never upped the shipping, if there is a way to do so. I will have to look into that on the next time. I like to get my items asap as I am impatient D: its a personal flaw not a shipping error. Typically items arrive within 30 days.

For example, I ordered the Macaroon 2015-02-11 00:13:33 and it was delivered 2015.02.26 09:46
Products?
The products are varied. You can get pretty much anything. As for LICENSED products, I wouldn't hold your breath. I got a few items on there that I was excited to get, as they were rare-ish and then I discovered they were fakes. I was not too unhappy as I like the product and it was for me, however if you are reselling, its harder to sell remakes and its illegal to sell fakes I believe. In addition, a lot of art on there is stolen - its good to report any you see, however it happens and its crappy but the best thing you can do is report it. Aliexpress is trying to be friendly with the USA as they move to get more buyers so I imagine if you can show it, they will remove the items.

As for quality I LOVE THEM. Nothing has been poorly made or anything as of yet. I focus on supplies and crafting bits. The Macaroon pillow is amazingly soft and durable. So I would definitely recommend it.
I am unsure how many orders I have done, a ton as I used it for work as well, and their quality on medals was also very nice. I sent a design, they made a proof, then made 1000 for like 1.80 each. You cannot beat that. I am very happy with this site and the discovery a few years ago. I have a growing wishlist and I love to get packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment