February 17, 2015

DIY - Coconut Oil Chapstick

I love chap stick, so MUCH. I have like 5 in the house at all times. But I hate being dependent on it to keep my lips happy. I actually had an allergy develop because I overused it a few years ago. I couldn't use it for a couple years, and was stuck with Vaseline for the time. Which is fine, but it can clog skin too if you get it anywhere else on the skin. 

This year I wanted to try more DIYs using natural items and this is one I was excited for. I been saving my bottles since DEC. 

Most chap stick is = 1 part oil + 1 part butter + 1 part beeswax
Add flavors as wanted.

For this recipe I am using my coconut oil, but we had to pick up some beeswax too.

You will need:
1 tbs cocoa butter
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs beeswax, 

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

This will make 5 - 7 tubes/small containers. 
TIP use old Altoids tins! 
You can tint this recipe by adding in eye shadow or other skin safe pigment

As always, melt oils together and mix thoroughly. Add Vanilla last. Pour into contains and set in fridge to chill or leave out for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment