May 18, 2015

Easy Up-Cycling

I love to reuse items, some are more practical than others. For example I always see ones using toilet paper rolls as gift boxes, and personally I would not want to get candies out of that...
Some easy ones that should require no instructions or anything are 1. Melting down your lip glosses to make a new one and 2. Reusing bottles that you purchase. I love reusing my gelato containers for the store.
So what does up cycle mean? via http://dictionary.reference.com/
verb (used with object), upcycled, upcycling.
1.
to process (used goods or waste material) so as to produce somethingthat is often better than the original:
 
 
Some other easy ones are redoing earrings as charms, or vice versa - using necklaces for decorations and all those crafty things! Its very easy. My favorite thing to do this with is old clothes, bags or cute PJ pants. I will turn them into bows, small bags or those faux cakes I like. Here are a few I found around the web I liked or have done:
 
How to make an old t-shirt into a CUTE tote bag/ farmer's market bag in 10 minutes.
The easiest solution to a new bag.
 
Upcycle old tins ... always wondered what I could do with the old cakes tins from Christmases past ...
Who doesn't have a ton of old holiday tins from gifts? glam them up.
 
Turn an Old Sweater Into a Plush Pillow for $7
Turn that favorite hoodie you need to stop wearing into a comfty pillow, I need to do this
with my pink one I think I am too attached.
 
 
Book shelves
Last one, this one is my favorite! I love this look but I would like to hide the holders if I get to do it. 
 
 
I know I Normally do not post links to things, but I like the idea of up cycling and I was always personally annoyed when I watched tv shows that show trash to cash or something. That piece is so unique its hard to duplicate, or those items they use are hard to find. I get its more like inspiration but there are many things you can do on a daily basis to just reuse and help keep from tossing so many items away. I horde some, cardboard mostly, but there is a fine line! Share any of your favorite items to reuse!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment